Valued Followers

Friday, March 12, 2010

Abstract Expressionism - Water Color & Gouache - Untitled III



WOW! Not to brag or anything :)  but I was really impressed by the way this one turned out!And I had a GREAT TIME  painting it! The thing I like MOST about Gouache is that you can actually paint thickly with it, compared to just water color. Not knocking any painting media! This painting is underlaid with a water color  wash as well as a few poured spots :)
What are your thoughts on it?

Hope You Like It ! :)

Best wishes!

Dana

Abstract - Untitled III
Water Color & Gouache 2010
6" x 8" on Arches Cold Pressed Paper
$24.95 Includes S/H
SOLD

Please don't forget to check out my paintings on eBay
Click Below


My items on eBay



p.s. Thanks to ALL OF YOU, who have recently started following this blog & A Very Special Thank You to Everyone who have left comments on my Paintings! I DO read all of them ! YOU ALL ARE GREAT !

10 comments:

  1. Dana, although not a big fan of abstract I can certainly appreciate all artistic endeavors. Glad to have found your blog, thanks so much for visiting mine and now I'll have a look around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY! all your creations are nice! kisses from Mexico! we would like to invite you to visit our blog http://idomakeuproom.blogspot.com and if you like it you are more than welcome to become our follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This painting is one of my favorites of those I have seen of yours. Vibrant color. Painting a picture a day is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job. I love doing abstract every once in a while to relax and just paint, to stop watching all the little details, shadows...etc...
    anyways i love how all the reds, blues, yellows and purples go together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...traigo
    sangre
    de
    la
    tarde
    herida
    en
    la
    mano
    y
    una
    vela
    de
    mi
    corazón
    para
    invitarte
    y
    darte
    este
    alma
    que
    viene
    para
    compartir
    contigo
    tu
    bello
    blog
    con
    un
    ramillete
    de
    oro
    y
    claveles
    dentro...


    desde mis
    HORAS ROTAS
    Y AULA DE PAZ


    TE SIGO TU BLOG




    CON saludos de la luna al
    reflejarse en el mar de la
    poesía...


    AFECTUOSAMENTE


    ESPERO SEAN DE VUESTRO AGRADO EL POST POETIZADO DE LOVE STORY, CABALLO, LA CONQUISTA DE AMERICA CRISOL.

    José
    ramón...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have never painted with Gouache before. Perhaps i will try this. I have yet to give my soft pastels a whurl. I just finished and submitted a painting. Wish me luck!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dana
    I'm sending applause your way for the ingenuity and fresh approach that you're taking to get the word out regarding your passion for painting. I've learned some things just by visiting you and reading your posts.

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog I look forward to coming back and seeing more of what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been trying to paint abstractly for so long, but whatever i do comes out a dirty blob. This is gorgeous. i love how the vibrant colors stand out against the neutral gray. great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the vigor and strength of this one. Solid!

    ReplyDelete