Valued Followers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Small Landscape Floral Study - Watercolor & Ink -

No I haven't lowered my prices! This is just a smaller painting than normal. In fact I'm planning on raising my prices on my 6"x8" water colors & 5"x7" oils starting the first of this next month! Just a little heads up :)
And if you are new to collecting my work what better place to start than with this painting! It is a very nicely done original water color at a very affordable price!

Anyway I finally got around to dragging out the Winsor & Newton Cotman III watercolor set that my Mom got me for my birthday this lat March! :) Thanks again Mom I love you! I Really like it but it has taken some getting used to. They are sure different from the Winsor & Newton tube paints that I use!
But I do like them!

Anyway for some reason I think the color scan on this painting seems duller to me than the colors on the original painting! And we have had quite a lot of rain here lately, so the sky has been a little cloudy & gray lately. But I was able to get out to do this painting & I'm also including the 2 field sketches that I did for this one! I recall having had a request a while back to see some of my sketches, sorry it's taken me so long to get around to posting any, but the just aren't something  that I usually post here. Even though I do a ton of sketches filling 1 - 2 sketch books a month on the average! Maybe I should start a sketch blog LOL. :)

Thanks for all of your recent comments! I will be addressing a question that was posed to me the other day on tomorrows post!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you like the painting!

Best wishes!

Dana

Small Landscape Floral Study
Click On Image To Enlarge

Watercolor & Ink
2010
6"x4"
Done On Arches 140Lb. Cold Pressed Paper




White Flowers I
Ink Sketch
3.5"x5"
Done on Stathmore 50Lb. Paper
NFS



White Flowers II
Ink Sketch
3.5"x5"
Done on Strathmore 50Lb. Paper
NFS





6 comments:

  1. Dana, that is very neat, to have the sketches come with the painting. I like this one, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your unique paintings:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one...you paint the way I wish I could!!!!! :0)

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are beautifully talented!

    Thank you so much for following BonBon Rose Girls! I hope you'll follow us at our new site...we went and got our own .com at: http://www.bonbonrosegirls.com/

    ReplyDelete