Valued Followers

Monday, June 7, 2010

View From Front Porch - Watercolor & Ink

Thanks to all of you that commented on my painting yesterday! You all are SOO GREAT! :)
And I hope that ALL of you had a wonderful weekend!

 I just finished painting this picture of my front porch looking out towards the yard this morning. I just love this time of year! The color of the leaves on the trees and the flowers blooming! Anyway I really enjoyed painting this one and I hope you all like it :)

Thanks for stopping by today & I hope you all have a great week!

Best wishes!

Dana

View From Front Porch
Click On Image To Enlarge

Watercolor & Ink
2010
8"x6 1/4"
Done On Arches 140Lb. Cold Pressed Paper

9 comments:

  1. Love the use of red in this painting. Brings a great sense of colour to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious about your oil painting. Most painters don't make the crossover from oil to watercolor. Did you start with oil or watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dana,
    Thank you so much for visiting and becoming a follower so I could be introduced to your art as well! I love your paintings so far and I look forward to seeing more of what you do. I also love the idea that you work on your porch! So do I! My husband and I just moved to Maine to live with my parents and the big porch out front is my favorite place to bring my altered book project and work on it!

    Wishing you a beautiful rest of your day!!!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Picture Dana! Actually, all your pictures are gorgeous... especially the watermelon painting. It's my favorite time of the year too, so watermelon makes me smile!

    Thanks so much for becoming a fan of my jewelry blog! I appreciate you stopping over and look forward to sharing more creative works with you!

    Have a terrific day!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel the breeze looking at this! Thank you for visiting my blog too! I am now a follower of you! Thanks for the eye candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very earthy feeling about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really, really like this one. Lovely palette and marks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dana, Thank you for visiting and I'm happy I came by and can see your wonderful art. This piece reminds me of Italy - my family is from the Lake Como area and when I visited we would walk up a stone cobbled hill to a little bar - for some reason this painting make me think of that walk. I so enjoyed viewing all of your work. Jennifer jennsthreegraces

    ReplyDelete